One Burrard Place 1289 Hornby Street, Vancouver
The creativity and innovation of a multiple award–winning developer and the strength and stability of Canada’s second–largest privately held company combine to form a team that will transform the largest development site in Downtown Vancouver into a residential destination that will become the new cornerstone of Burrard Street. This highly–experienced team will ensure that Burrard Place becomes the most significant residential real estate offering in Vancouver.
A family–owned company, for more than fifty years, Reliance Properties has been involved in the acquisition, leasing and management of commercial and residential real estate throughout Metro Vancouver.
Named the Most Innovative Company of 2013 by BC Business Magazine, Reliance Properties is recognized for the creation of exceptional urban office and residential developments that have been integral to neighbourhood redevelopment and revitalization. These efforts have resulted in numerous design and heritage awards both locally and provincially.
The City has received a revised application to rezone 1290 Burrard and 1281 Hornby Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a mixed-use development as follows:
- along Hornby Street, a 54-storey tower and a 36-storey tower, with a 7-storey podium, providing retail, office and residential uses, including rental housing;
- along Burrard Street, a 14-storey office tower, including a 3-storey automotive dealership;
- a proposed floor space ratio (FSR) of 13.33; and
- a maximum height of 525.7 ft. from base plane to top of parapet (the General Policy for Higher Buildings has identified this site as a location for a higher building).
Changes from the previous submission (dated June 15, 2011) include:
- an increase in the floor space ratio (FSR) from 11.8 to 13.33;
- an increase in the total number of residential dwelling units, from 619 units (including 538 market and 81 rental units) to 810 units (including 723 market and 87 rental units);
- an increase in the number of parking spaces, from 802 to 813; and
- refinements to the design of the residential towers, and a revised design for the office tower.